Hello There, Guest!

Best software when a bit short of coin?
Sergeant Class Registered - Sergeant Class
Threads: 2

Hack Rally Coins:
72¢

Gold Star
I recently told cleverbridge where to stick it when they tried to charge me double what i paid for Cyberghost last year and now I have no real time anti-malware, i have Bitdefender Anti-virus 2018 however.

I am looking for the best possible VPN that will allow torrents for free and a decent anti-malware for no more than say £20 a year.

Are malware programs even necessary if you have something like Bitdefender? I find that malwarebytes and Bitdefender both notice the same programs that are malefic in real time anyway, so i was wondering if an anti-virus is enough.
11-28-2017, 02:13 PM

Owner Super Administrator
Threads: 334

Hack Rally Coins:
163¢

Gold Star
11-28-2017, 02:13 PMOntical Wrote: I recently told cleverbridge where to stick it when they tried to charge me double what i paid for Cyberghost last year and now I have no real time anti-malware, i have Bitdefender Anti-virus 2018 however.

I am looking for the best possible VPN that will allow torrents for free and a decent anti-malware for no more than say £20 a year.

Are malware programs even necessary if you have something like Bitdefender? I find that malwarebytes and Bitdefender both notice the same programs that are malefic in real time anyway, so i was wondering if an anti-virus is enough.

I recommend that you get at the least for now, Malwarebytes software.

Yes, it's free and it's limited, but the functions that you need done are the essentials for detecting malware. 
You can disregard the annoying "reminders" to purchase the Pro version. The annoyances will decrease in about 2 weeks time.

Bitdefender will cover the "deficiencies" of Malwarebytes through it's anti-virus programming.
Both free Malwarebytes and Bitdefender compliment each other nicely.

If and when you have enough funds to purchase an anti-malware program, Malwarebytes is a good option.
Owner
Hack Rally
11-28-2017, 09:06 PM

Sergeant Class Registered - Sergeant Class
Threads: 2

Hack Rally Coins:
72¢

Gold Star
Sweet. I do still have the free versions of Cyberghost and malwarebytes installed, but I have the full version of Bitdefender installed for the real-time protection.

Guess I will stick with that.

The only problem is that I recall someone who was infected by malware which was able to type spam into skype messages, she scanned using Malwarebytes free version, it didn't work. She paid for it and then it immediately removed the malware/
12-02-2017, 10:49 AM

Financial Analyst Super Administrator
Threads: 20

Hack Rally Coins:
55¢

Platinum
12-02-2017, 10:49 AMOntical Wrote: The only problem is that I recall someone who was infected by malware which was able to type spam into skype messages, she scanned using Malwarebytes free version, it didn't work. She paid for it and then it immediately removed the malware/

Malwarebytes is usually good at detecting malware weather it's free or premium. Try to keep the software up to date, and you might wanna enable the "Scan for rootkits" option for the best scanning results.
12-02-2017, 03:35 PM